NEET UG 2019:
Ever since the news of NEET being conducted by a new body spread, students have been wary about any change in the exam pattern. Now that the application process has started and the official information brochure for NEET UG 2019 is available, students can check the exam pattern for the upcoming exam. The NEET UG 2019 exam will be conducted on May 5, 2019.
The schedule of the NEET 2019 (UG) exam will remain the same even if the date of the exam is declared as a public holiday.
The NEET UG 2019 exam will be conducted in offline mode. Students would be given 3 hours to attempt the entire question paper.
NEET 2019: Important Dates:
|Application form Release||1st November 2018|
|Application submission last date||30th November 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee||1st December 2018|
|Correction Window||14th – 31st January 2019|
|Admit card available||15th April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019 (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM)|
|Answer key Release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||5th June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 UG Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be OMR based and students would be provided with ball pen to mark their answers at the exam centre only. Students should not carry any pen to the exam centre.
- There will be three sections in the question paper – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Biology will have two sub-sections – Zoology and Botany.
- The NEET UG 2019 question paper will have total 180 questions.
- Physics and Chemistry section will have 45 questions each. Biology section will have 90 questions – 45 questions from Zoology and 45 questions from Botany.
- Each question will carry 4 marks, thus making the total marks allotted to the question paper 720. For every incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
- The question paper will be made available in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Students who opt for English opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Students who opt for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi
- students who opt for Regional languages would also be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
NEET UG 2019 Age Limit:
Student must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
The upper age limit for NEET UG 2019 is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
NEET UG 2019 Eligibility:
A student who has qualified 10+2 or whose result is awaited can apply for NEET UG 2019 exam.
Students who have qualified the 10+2 or intermediate or pre-University exam from a recognized board are also eligible to apply provided they studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject.
Students who have passed the Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination are also eligible. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
Students who have passed the first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with English at a level not less than a core course are also eligible.
Students who have passed the B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Eligibility of Open School Students for NEET UG 2019:
Students who have cleared their qualifying examination form Open School or as private candidates and studnets who have studied Biology/Biotechnology as additional subject are also eligible to apply but their candidature will be subject to the outcome of the Special Leave Petitions/Appeals filed by the Medical Council of India.
How To Apply NEET UG 2019:
Step one: Go to official website: www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Step two: Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ tab given on the home page.
Step three: Fill the online application form after which a you will get a system generated application form number. Note this application number down.
Step four: Upload scanned image of candidate’s photograph (between 10 kb to 200 kb) and candidate’s signature (between 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step five: Pay application fee. Keep proof of fee paid.
Step six: A confirmation page will be generated. Take at least four print outs of the confirmation page.
NEET UG 2019 Application Correction:
One time opportunity will be provided by the board to make correction in the applications. Details regarding NEET application correction are mentioned below:
- Corrections can be done only through online mode.
- Correction facility will be provided from 14th to 31st January 2019.
- Candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS regarding correction in photograph and signature. The same will be available in the candidate‟s login account.
- Candidates can also make corrections in particular fields like:
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- State code of eligibility
- Medium of exam paper
- Disability status
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Obtained in Class 12th
- Parents Name (Father’s & Mother’s)
- In case of any additional fee, candidates can pay through debit/credit card and net banking.
NEET UG 2019 Admit Card:
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to get the NEET admit card 2019. Here we are providing details about admit card:
- NEET hall ticket 2019 will be released on 15th April 2019.
- The board will provide the facility to get the admit card via online mode.
- A format for affixing of postcard size photograph will be released along with the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, contact with the officials.
- When student will download their hall ticket, a PDF copy of the same will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
NEET UG Answer Key 2019:
The answer key will be released along with question paper through online mode. NEET answer key 2019 will be published within a week after the exam.
The board will offer the facility to challenge against the answer key. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer to challenge the answer key.
Candidates will have to visit their login portal. Enter their user ID (registration number) and password to challenge the answer key.
NEET 2019 Result:
Here we are providing details about the NEET result 2019:
- Students those will appear in the exam can check their result via online mode.
- Result will be announced on 5th June 2019.
- It will not be prepared category wise.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets.
NEET UG 2019 Rank List:
- The board will prepare a merit list as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- The merit list will be prepared for the 15% All India Quota.
- Students will be invited for counselling as per their rank in the NEET UG examination.
NEET UG 2019 Cut Off:
Candidates have to secure marks more than cut off to qualify the examination. Candidates can check details about NEET 2019 cut off from below:
- The cut off will be published through online mode.
- It will be released along with the result.
- The cut off will depend upon different factors like number of candidates appeared in the exam, student’s performance, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
- The previous years qualifying cut off (out of 720 marks) of NEET UG exam is mentioned
NEET UG 2019 Counselling:
- The counselling process will be organized through online mode.
- Counselling for 15% All India Quota seats will be administrated by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- State level counselling will be organized separately by the respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET 2019 counselling will be commenced from the second week of June 2019.
- Firstly, candidates have to register for counselling and fill their preferences for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to students as per their merit, category and availability of seats in colleges.
- Once a seat will allotted, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the notified schedule.