IBPS PO Mains 2018:
The result of IBPS PO Prelims 2018 exam has been declared. The candidates who have been shortlisted can now appear for the Mains exam. The IBPS PO Mains 2018 exam is scheduled to be held on November 18, 2018.
Nearly 2 weeks are left to prepare for IBPS PO Mains exam. So, now its time to tie up your laces and prepare for Mains examination without wasting any time. Marks secured in Phase II (Mains) will be considered for the final selection. So, it becomes important for the candidate to not only just crack the exam but also score good marks to make it to the merit list.
Watching out the trends going on from past few years, the level of the IBPS Mains exam has been increased. So, in order to crack the cut off, you should have complete details and right preparation strategy. Now, Let’s take a quick look towards the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
IBPS PO Mains 2018 Exam Pattern:
|Name of Test||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Time|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability &
Letter & Essay Writing
Key points for IBPS PO Exam 2018:
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks
- A minimum score in each subject is required
- Descriptive Test will be conducted online
- Marks for Descriptive Test will be calculated separately
- Try to complete the sections within the time period, so that no question is left untouched
- Maintain speed & accuracy while answering
Strategy for English Language:
- This is the most avoided & least prepared section due to which students face difficulty. Try solving with the topics like Fillers, Sentence Connectors, Para Completion, spotting error, etc. first, continuing next to close test and then reading comprehension.
- But if you are good at vocab then you can shift the sequence accordingly.
Strategy for Reasoning Ability Section:
- Reasoning is always been a difficult section, so try not to attempt time-consuming questions. Start with the questions with the syllogism, coding-decoding, inequalities, direction and distance, alphanumeric series, and other miscellaneous topics.
- If you are good at puzzles, then only try attempting it.
Strategy for Data Analysis & Interpretation Section:
- This section requires a quick hold over short tricks & formula. To gain marks in this section, you should first attempt topics such as Simplification and Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Miscellaneous topics (Blood Relations, Direction sense, Order and Ranking, Alphanumeric Series) etc.
- After attempting these questions, then you can go for time-consuming questions Data Interpretation, Number Series, Time & Work etc.
Strategy for General Awareness Section:
- To tackle this section smoothly & easily, it requires awareness with the day to day happenings around us.
- You can go through the daily financial updates, along with some banking awareness & Current affairs happening in the world.